2014 Peanut Proud Graduate Scholarship
Sponsor: Peanut Proud
About: The intent of the Peanut Proud Scholarship is to reward a graduate student studying in the U.S. who recognizes the importance of food safety, and has the desire to help build the confidence of consumers by insuring the best quality food for consumption.
Deadline: May 30, 2014
Award: A $2000 scholarship plus expenses* paid to attend the IAFP Annual Meeting in Indianapolis August 3-6, 2014.
*Transportation, lodging, meals (not to exceed $50/day)
Eligibility: Application for the Peanut Proud Scholarship will be accepted from qualified graduate students actively engaged in food science or food safety. This scholarship is for graduate students studying in the U.S.
In addition to their academic accomplishments, students must exemplify celebrated personal attributes by demonstrating a proven commitment to the community through charitable works and volunteerism.
Candidates will be selected by the following criteria:
- Must have made advancements or contributions to the peanut community
- A minimum GPA of 3.0
- Record of community service
The Peanut Proud mission is to unite the peanut community by celebrating its pride through humanitarian efforts and the recognition of excellence.
Procedures and Deadlines for Submission:
A completed entry must include the following:
- Completed application form. Incomplete entry forms may be disqualified.
- Summary of applicant’s activities as they relate to the selection criteria, no longer than two pages.
- Letter of recommendation from applicant’s major professor stating why he or she deserves the award.
- All applications must be received by May 30, 2014.
- All entries become the property of the Peanut Proud Board and will not be returned, nor will they be kept on file for subsequent years.
- Winners are responsible for all taxes.
- All entries should be emailed to Darlene Cowart at email@example.com no later than 5:00 p.m. EDT on May 30, 2014
The winner will be notified by email June 27, 2014. The winner is required to attend the IAFP Annual Meeting in Indianapolis, Indiana August 3-6, 2014. The scholarship check will be presented during the event.